Cambridge English qualifications are recognised for all categories of UK visa.
· From 29 November, 2010, people from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland who apply to come to the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or prospective civil partner of a UK citizen or a person settled in this country now need to demonstrate that they have at least level A1 English.
· The UK Border Agency has recognised a full range of Cambridge English qualifications for these visas.
· They have also confirmed that the requirement can be satisfied by the CEFR Level A1 certificates awarded to candidates who take Cambridge English: Key (KET) and do not achieve a 'pass' grade but demonstrate ability at A1 level.
· This makes Cambridge English: Key an ideal test for applicants who are at the lower end of the skills range.
· Other Cambridge English qualifications recognised for UK partner visas include:
For more information, please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/26-english-language-partners
Cambridge ESOL | English | General | All updates